04 October 2010

Fish Sandwiches


The other day I was really craving the Alaskian halibut sandwich from the cafe inside the Little America Hotel. While I was grocery shopping and buying fish sticks for my kids, I saw the frozen fish fillets and I thought to make my own fish sandwiches for dinner that night :) Yummy!

  • Fish fillets {found in the frozen section. Depending on how big your fillets are, you'll need 1-2 per sandwich. As you can see, I had to use 2} Cook fillets according to package directions.
  • Cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese {Little America uses cheddar on their sandwiches; I used the pepper jack on mine but I think it tastes better with the cheddar}
  • Avocado
  • Sprouts
  • Tomato
  • Tartar sauce
  • Favorite hamburger buns or sandwich rolls


After cooking the fish fillets in the oven {they take around 12 minutes to cook} build your sandwich on your favorite bread with your favorite vegetables, topping it with the tartar sauce. If you're not a fan of the tartar sauce, mustard is really yummy on it too :)

No comments: