16 October 2010

Cheese Stuffed Shells


This is such a simple recipe! It is really quick to throw together, but it tastes so good, everyone will think you spent the entire day in the kitchen. This is also a recipe I use as a standby for when I take in dinner to someone; everyone seems to like it :)

I overstuffed my shells when I made it this (I love cheese!) but you get the idea. You can make this recipe in one 8x13 pan or in 2- 8x8 pans. I never measure anything for this recipe, but trust me, it's impossible to mess up! Depending on how much you are planning on making, here are the ingredients:

Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Ricotta cheese (I use about 2 cups for a 9x13 pan)
Cheddar cheese (shredded - just a little bit)
Italian seasoning
Pepper
Garlic salt
2 eggs (for a 9x13 pan)
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (we like Barilla Marinara)
1 box jumbo shells, cooked according to package directions (1 box for a 9x13 pan)


In a large bowl, combine cheeses, seasonings and 2 eggs (the eggs are used to hold the cheese mixture together). Make a thin layer of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan(s). Stuff cooked shells with the cheese mixture (I make little balls of cheese in my hand and then stuff them inside the shells). Arrange shells in the pan. Spoon marinara sauce over the shells. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve with garlic bread and a green salad. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron