27 June 2010

Spanish Rice

This homemade Spanish rice is so good, you'll feel like you're at a restaurant! It's a really quick and easy side dish, and it tastes even better the next day as leftovers. I serve it with my favorite Mexican dishes :)

1 1/2 cup rice
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, including juice
2 T. melted butter
2 T. olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Saute onion and garlic in butter and olive oil. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and cook on very low heat for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I usually make mine with just chicken broth, diced tomatoes w/jalapenos, and rice, but it is always a tad bland. Your recipe sounds great! I'm trying this next time!

Missy said...

Okay no need to twist my arm I will be making this this week for sure!!! I just need some chicken stock and I'm set to make a batch this Tuesday for another recipe so no problem making this rice. It really does look so easy to make.

Thank you,

hugs
-missy-